Fancy Some Spiced Chocolate Orange Pancakes
- 200 g Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp All spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Protein Smoothie - Chocolate - 1 scoop
- 200 ml Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200 ml Plant based milk
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Cacao nibs or vegan choc chips
- 3 tbsp Mixed dried fruit
For the toppings
- Orange segments
- Coconut yoghurt
- Maple syrup
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cacao nips/chips, vanilla essence, orange juice, maple syrup, protein powder, spices & plant based milk to a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine and form a thick batter.
- Stir in the mixed fruit.
- Preheat a pan with a little oil. The pan needs to be medium - hot.
- Spoon the mixture a ladle full at a time into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until the underside is firm. Carefully flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute or so until the pancakes are cooked through and slightly golden.
- Top with coconut yogurt, oranges and maple syrup.