Which diet is right for you?
One of the most common questions I get asked as a health coach is what diet would I recommend? To this I always give the same answer…. ”There is no one diet that suits all of us”
I feel like creating a healthy diet and lifestyle has become so complicated over the years that it is no wonder that so many people stop and start diets, and find they are unable to create healthy habits that actually last.
We have stopped looking at our diets as a way to nourish our bodies, and we find ourselves following diets that are restrictive, constantly calorie counting, and even making food the enemy.
Why and how has it got so complicated?
Food is beautiful and powerful. It has the ability to change how we feel physically, emotionally and mentally.
And the best part is, we have the power to decide what we are going to give our bodies to thrive on.
For so many people, when they think about changing their diet they automatically start to label foods as “good” or “bad”. This is a mindset that I work with my clients on, as I believe a balanced approach to eating is the healthiest way to creating long lasting healthy eating habits.
We need to stop the all or nothing approach when it comes to our diets.
My philosophy when it comes to creating a healthy mindset to nutrition, is to nourish my body with lots of gorgeous whole foods, good fats, protein and complex carbs 80 % of the time, and then enjoy whatever i want to eat the other 20%.
We should never feel guilty about a little indulgence. If you are nourishing your body most of the time, and being mindful on your choices, then why shouldn’t you have a pizza or take away on a friday night? It is all about balance.
Let’s work on creating a healthier mindset to what we are eating, and how we are choosing our food.
Let’s stop the calorie counting, and labelling foods as “healthy” or “unhealthy” and rather create a balanced approach to our diets that will actually create long lasting healthy habits.