Strawberries and cream ice-creams
- 1 cup Cashew nuts, soaked 4-6 hours in water and drained.
- 400 g Coconut milk, full fat, chilled over night in the fridge.
- 1 pinch Sweetener (Stevia works best) to taste
- 2 tsp Vanilla paste
- 200 g Strawberries, hulled and sliced.
- Scoop the "cream" from the top of the chilled coconut milk. Place into a blender along with the cashews, xylitol and vanilla. Blitz until completely smooth, adjusting sweetness if needed.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in the strawberries. Spoon into ice cream moulds, then place in the freezer to firm up overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before eating.