Winter skin tips to keep your skin glowing
Do you glow or flake in winter?
Cold, dry winter weather can bring it’s own skin problems and the issues that affect us vary from person to person.
Everyone’s complexion reacts differently when it has to deal with the extremes of cold air and centrally heated offices and homes. From our genes to our diet and lifestyle, it all plays a part as to whether our skin will have a rosy glow or flake and itch in the colder months.
Here are some secret winter skin tips to keep your skin soft, hydrated and strong:
- Gently exfoliate dry patches or visit a clinic for a mild facial peel.
- If your skin is normally oily you might not suffer with dry patches but skin can appear dull and lifeless. Exfoliate gently to reveal fresher brighter skin underneath, this will also help to reduce any congestion to minimise break outs.
- Raise the game with your moisturising. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a richer moisturiser as some can cause clogging but your skin will benefit from adding a serum or facial oil.
- Chapped lips can be sore and tight. Gently brush the lips with a soft toothbrush to remove dead skin and apply a natural product containing bees wax or cocoa butter.
- Wear sun protection all year round. The sun may not be out and it may be too weak to burn your skin at this time of year but UVA rays are present no matter what the weather. UVA rays are the ones that cause ageing. Heliocare is a wonderful product, it gives a light cover, smooths the skin and has an SPF of 50.
- If you’re spending a lot of time outdoors use a nourishing moisturiser as well as your sun protection. Rescue+ by Cosmedix is intensely hydrating.
- If you work indoors, central heating and radiators have a drying effect on the air. A humidifier can help to balance the environment and give energising benefits.
- Drink plenty of water and add H3O Hydration to keep cells super hydrated. Hydration really does start from within.
- Eat foods with plenty of essential fatty acids to nourish your skin. Add oily fish, nuts and avocado’s to your diet.
Drink Collagen Shots, the amino acid proteins help to strengthen cell walls to give you a super glow no matter what the extremes throw at you.