How to stop stress ageing your cells
Scientists are now understanding more about the impact that stress has on our body
Clinical studies reveal that there is a direct correlation between the effects of long-term chronic stress and a rapid increase of cellular ageing.
Stress can put cells into an imbalanced state where they need more energy and antioxidants to help. It signals an alarm in the brain, disrupting the body’s normal balance. This acts as a trigger for the mitiochondria, the powerhouse in our cells to produce more energy to mediate our stress response. The by-product is mitochondrial oxidative stress and increased free radicals.
This directly causes the telomeres (caps at the end of DNA strands) to shorten more quickly. Progressive shortening of telomeres leads to cellular death and the increased potential for diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular, neurodegenerative and autoimmune disorders. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7400286/
Combat cellular stress ageing by
1. Practise calming techniques such as meditation, yoga and other forms of exercise.
2. Declutter your workspace.
3. Plan your daily workload
4. Deal with one task at a time, the modern concept of multi-tasking is definitely bad for stress levels.
5. Delegate tasks where appropriate.
6. Limit time on social media to 2 x 15 minutes per day.
7. Nourish your body with foods rich in omega 3 to reduce inflammation in the brain as reducing inflammation helps to reduce stress.
How to protect your telomeres
Try to follow the tips to combat cellular stress mentioned above.
- Sleep 7.5 to 8 hours a night.
- Eat the rainbow with plenty of foods high in vitamin C, anthocyanins and polyphenols
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol to a few units per week.
Research shows that NMN (Nicotinamide
mononucleotide), an ingredient in Rejuvenated Regenerate
improves intestinal bacteria and telomere length over a 90 day period. Other
ingredients within the supplement including resveratrol, pterostilbene,
astragalus, quercetin and fisetin, all work towards protecting telomeres.
H3O Night Repaircontains grape seed extract, astragalus, pine bark and astaxanthin which all contribute to replenishing the length of telomeres
Shop the story