7 easy ways to improve your diet this autumn
Are you dreading the turning back of the clocks. As we approach the colder weather, our body responds to protect ourselves from the lower temperatures by preparing to protect us from heat loss. Colder days make us think of the comfort foods of our childhood. You may be thinking heavy pies and puddings but try switching your thoughts to healthy, steaming oats and vegetable-rich soups.
Smooth muscle tissue including the colon becomes sluggish when the temperature drops. Less blood flow in the skin, arms and legs mean that there is more to focus on digestion. The brain sees this as a signal for more food and craves for starchy, carbohydrate-rich options. Shorter days also reduce the amount of mood-enhancing serotonin; carb-rich foods such as potatoes can stimulate serotonin that means greater cravings.
A few changes in your routine can help to boost your health and energise for the winter ahead.
There is still plenty of abundant fresh vegetables at this time and nourishing foods for autumn include root vegetables such as carrots, squashes and beets. Make up batches of soup at the weekend and freeze them for when you’re too busy to cook.
• Add turkey, asparagus, sunflower seeds, cottage cheese, pineapple, tofu, spinach and bananas to your diet to boost serotonin levels.
• Increase your PEA levels; found in algae, it’s a brain chemical that releases feelings of joy (H3O Night Repair is rich in algae).
• Boost magnesium levels to help promote deeper sleep and wake with more energy (present in H3O Hydration and H3O Night Repair).
• Eat regularly; skipping meals will result in low blood sugar levels, which in turn leave you feeling tired, irritable and lacking in concentration.
• Add protein rich foods, as they are high in a protein building block, tryptophan. Tryptophan in turn creates the mood enhancing serotonin.
• Vitamin B6 is needed to help convert tryptophan into serotonin, fish port, eggs, soya beans, oats, peanuts, walnuts, avocado and bananas are all rich in the vitamin.
• Download our free Rejuvenated Re-set e book by logging into your account and clicking on the e book section. It has a 6 weeks program packed with nourishing menus, complete with recipes and shopping lists.
Our 2 products that specifically help the programme are Protein Smoothie and Re-set. Protein Smoothie is a pea protein drink, delicious on it’s own or the perfect base for a smoothie. With so many benefits, inulin for digestive health, glucomannan to keep you fuller for longer, green tea and flax.
Re-set, is in capsule form and is formulated to keep blood sugar levels balanced and stimulate healthy fat metabolism.
Have more vitality, smooth away bulges and get that glow.