Many of our customers say that it is not so much the lines that worry them it’s the loss of tone and hydration during their 50’s. When you’re over 50, good skin care can keep your skin healthy and vibrant and look much younger than your real age.
Tips for over 50 skin care
- Lower oestrogen levels result in the slowing down of sebum causing dryness and flakiness during the menopause. Gentle exfoliation and mild peels can help to protect against dryness and keep skin looking fresh.
- Sun damage from early years really starts to show now in pigmentation spots on the face, arms, hands and decollete, individual spots can be treated with light therapy and skin brightening products can be used to help reduce marks. Continue using a good SPF to minimise future pigmentation.
- Spider veins may become more prominent, IPL light based therapy treatment can help to reduce these. Limit spicy foods and stimulants such as alcohol in your diet.
- Make sure you’re using the right products for your skin, what suited you in your 40’s might be too harsh now. Use skincare high in peptides and antioxidants.It isn’t always good to use a ‘rich cream’ sometimes they can sit on the skin and cause blocked pores, use instead serums and nourishing skin oils. Personally I choose non perfumed products as I have sensitive skin, try NCN, by Treat the Skin You’re in, Image Skin care, Dermalogica and Priori.
- Adding Collagen Shots will give your skin a much more hydrated glow and feel. Add either of our hydration products for cellular hydration, H3O Hydration contains ionic minerals, hyaluronic acid and trans-resveratrol a potent extract from red grapes. H3O Night Repair is a tablet to take at night which helps to hydrate skin while you sleep and is packed with minerals and antioxidants so you wake up looking refreshed and ready for the day. Check out our total program with our Radiant Skin pack including the book 7 Days to Super Skin.
- Food plays a bigger part than ever now as we often find wheat and dairy can cause sensitivities and bloating. Eat plenty of vegetables and good quality protein, check out the free eating programs by registering online and clicking on the eBooks in your personal account details.