Roast Aubergine and Feta Cheese
- 2 Aubergines
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 30 g Feta or vegan feta crumbled
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Pomegranate molasses optional to serve
- sprinkle Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 240C.
- Score your aubergine halves with a sharp knife. Insert the garlic into some of the gaps, then lightly cover each half with olive oil using a pastry brush. Place the aubergines on a lined baking tray, skins down, then season with salt and pepper and a sprinkling of chilli flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then baste once more with a drizzle of olive oil and loosely cover with more baking paper. Continue to bake for a further 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from the oven, then sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and crumbled feta. Serve warm, drizzled with pomegranate molasses, if using.