Coconut & butternut squash soup
- 2 cup Butternut squash
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- few leaves Parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 240 ml Vegetable stock
- 1 White onion
- Slice the butternut squash in half, then wrap in foil and roast until soft (around 30 minutes).
- While the butternut squash is cooking. Add the oil to a pan on the hob and heat, before gently frying the onion until softened.
- Pour in the coconut milk, then add the squash and vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend your soup smooth in a blender before returning to the pan.
- Serve with sprinkled parsley.
- For a variation, try adding a sprinkling of chilli flakes to spice things up and chick peas or beans for more protein.