Your morning can make or break your day. Do you normally hit the snooze button on your alarm clock and finish up frazzled without any breakfast, grab a coffee on the way in to work and raid the biscuit tin before 10.00 am.
Put these habits in place and you’re on your way to a great start that will leave you bright and perky for the rest of the day.
1. Get up half an hour early to allow time to get organised and put these easy steps in practice. Become a lark instead of a late night owl. Go to bed earlier, researchers believe that every hour before midnight is worth 2 after.
2. Rehydrate your body. Don’t head straight for the caffeine, hydrate first with fresh water, drink a large glass of warm water before anything else. Personally I don’t add a slice of lemon or lime as the acid can be damaging to tooth enamel.
3. Use a tongue scraper, almost half the bacteria in our mouth lives on the tongue. Scraping your tongue will help to remove bacteria and improve your immune system.
4. Meditate for a few minutes, let your inner peace guide you, just a few minutes will help to reduce stress. Focus on your breathing.
5. Stretch your body, try yoga or Pilates to energise the gentle way. Exercise will make you think clearer, trigger your happiness factor and help to reduce stress. Also exercise taken first thing in the morning before eating burns fat and can boost metabolism for up to 10 hours.
6. Body brush before you shower, to stimulate circulation and remove dead skin cells. It’s also great for reducing cellulite.
7. Alkaline with a green smoothie, there are green smoothies and then there are Alkaline green smoothies. Many are packed full of sweet fruit and full of sugars. Try kale, cucumber, avocado and ginger with coconut water and blend you can add our Protein Smoothie for clean raw pea protein. It has a tiny amount of stevia so won’t impact on sugar levels and comes in 3 natural flavours.
See you later, have an amazing day!